Friday, April 18, 2008

The Gerry Report




Here's the box stretcher undercarraige that Gerry put together. All told, it went pretty smoothly. He had never done a box stretcher before. I think that stylistically it may be more appropriate with the rodbacks. I can't wait to see it all together.

Gerry and I have been haggling over the height of the backrest on my barstool. I think that it should be higher (about 14 to 16 inches) and he thinks it should be lower (about 10 to 12). I am just getting the legs reamed in and mocking up the top. I should know by the end of the day which way to go. There have been some interesting design challenges that come with such long legs, each new form that I make has it's surprises. Though,as far as Windsor forms go, I think that the barstool may be the most applicable to modern living, I am already envisioning sitting on it while chopping vegetables in my kitchen!

No comments: