Thursday, May 13, 2010

Galbert Caliper Progress Report

Recent inquiries have made me think that it's time to have an update on the progress of the new Galbert Calipers. I've been working with 8 different companies here in the U.S. to produce all of the components of the tool. To be able to meet the market demands and keep the price the same, we've had to rethink, retool and retest all of the parts, and I'm happy to say that the process is nearly complete. Thanks to all of you on the wait list for your patience, I think you are going to be quite pleased with the results.



Here is an image of the cover plate of injection molded polycarbonate. My mold makers did an excellent job on the surface and edge quality. I'll be posting the first assembled model so that you can see the differences.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats good news on the calipers , did anything ever come of the article you were doing for a magazine ? I am realy looking forward to reading that one , MiM .

jaupnort said...

Peter, I really use and like the caliper since I got it from you at the class at Highland last fall.
One thing I have wished for is a little larger hole from which to hang it when not in use and at the lathe when turning.
I have improvised but not yet found a solution that would be as good as one disigned into the caliper.
John Anderson

Peter Galbert said...

Mim,
I'll tell a bit about the article sooner to it's release early next year!

John,
Anything for you! I'll see what I can do about making the hole larger. Finally, I get something easy.
Pete

Tee, Kerry's wife said...

What? No update on the kids?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter Galbert said...

Tee,
the little buggers have been keeping me pretty busy, but I'm working on another video. Everyone is healthy and fun as can be, as a matter of fact, every time I sit down to do a blog entry I think, "Maybe I'll just go play with the kids!"
Thanks,
Pete

竹青 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tee and Hubby said...

I'm still waiting for an update on those kids. This animal lover is anxiously awaiting those photos. :-)

Peter Galbert said...

Tee,
Sorry for the blackout!! I've started getting concerned messages from readers! Alas, everyone is doing beautifully and we are enjoying the fresh milk and walks with the herd. I will post some images soon,
thanks for caring!
Pete

Tee, Kerry's wife said...

We had a little goat in church today. Our pastor was talking about a shepherd and we have a family in the church that raises goats and he brought one in as an illustration. I loved it. The goat's name was Blue, I thought he was gray, but a closer look he did look kinda blue. I thought about your little herd.

What's with all the Asian writing?

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete,
I was wondering if you could give me some demisions on your form that you use for the continous arm chair. I just can't seem to get a good shape at the elbows. Mine looks to sharp?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter Galbert said...

I'll take a look at the angle for the elbow bend and get back to you,
Pete